Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Quality Time

"Don't listen to your spouse and do something else at the same time. Remember, quality time is giving someone your undivided attention. If you are watching, reading, or doing something else in which you are keenly interested and cannot turn from immediately, tell your spouse the truth. A positive approach might be, "I know you are trying to talk to me and I'm interested, but I want to give you my full attention. I can't do that right now, but if you will give me ten minutes to finish this, I'll sit down and listen to you." Most spouses will respect such a request.
-- The Five Love Languages, Gary Chapman

Kathy has been reading this book and so happened she needed a lot of attention tonight and she made me read this passage! Yes perfect timing! wahaha.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger